Getting in Shape and Getting Accountability

I'm always looking for new ways to improve myself, particularly in the fitness realm. So, when I realized just how frequently I've been mentioning my desire to lose a few pounds and get in better shape, I decided it was time to try something new! So, I'm turning to my old, trusty blog. I'm going to start sharing my fitness journey on here in an attempt to hold myself accountable.

When I started thinking about this, I also thought about the things that motivate me to work out besides a desire to not have to buy bigger pants. As silly as it sounds, there's nothing that makes me get excited about a workout like new athletic apparel. Sometimes, having a super put together outfit for my run is the extra push I need to get out the door. So, in addition to sharing my progress and workouts, I'll be sharing my #WOOTD (my oh-so-creative take on OOTD - Outfit Of The Day - is a workout OOTD).

So, without further ado...day one!

Shirt: Columbia [similar]
Shorts: Lululemon [exact]

Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

Apologies for the less than amazing photos...waiting on my camera remote to arrive in the mail before I can take photos with my DSLR!

Today was a pretty good day for me! I ended up 171 calories under my MyFitnessPal goal for today once workout calories were factored in. I did indulge in a bit too much junk food (burger for dinner, ice cream with bourbon caramel for a snack), but, on the other hand, I remembered to take a very healthy homemade salad to work for lunch.

After work, I went for a run. I'm on week six, day three of Couch to 5k (a program that I highly recommend for anyone trying to get into running!), which means a five-minute walking warmup followed by 22 minutes of running and another five minutes of walking. Well, it went far better than expected and I ended up running for around 35 minutes because I felt great! I was still quite slow (I hadn't run for eight months due to injuries before a few weeks ago), but I ran a full 5k. It felt great!

All things considered, it was a good day today!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race