Back in the Saddle

Oh, Mondays. I always try to run on Mondays even though I find it a bit challenging to get motivated after the first day back at work for the week. When I get home (assuming I have enough time before the sun sets), I give myself a half hour to get out the door. Usually, I eat a few handfuls of cereal and watch an episode of Scrubs on Netflix, then, no matter how I'm feeling, I make myself go out afterwards. 

I realized that my sweet spot where I truly start enjoying myself on a run is around mile number three. The first few miles are always rough, but once I'm at the third mile, things seem to just click. Today, I ended up running five miles instead of the planned three because I felt so good once I hit that point! I love it when that happens!

Top: Nike [similar]
Pants: Yogasmoga [exact]
Socks: C9 [exact]

Forgive the bras in the corner...my room is on the small side so air drying laundry takes up every possible spot (there's also a workout top on the doorknob behind me!). One of the brands I've talked about on here a few times, Yogasmoga, is currently having a 50% off sale, so I took advantage of that and ordered a few new pairs of pants! I love these crops, so I got them in three different colors. I love the bright green of this...unfortunately, though, the pants didn't hide sweat so well. I had quite a few sweat marks when I got home, particularly in the crotch area. I'm not a terribly sweaty person, so I was a little surprised to see that, but oh well. At least they're comfortable!

My nutrition was not on point this weekend! I took a little weekend trip to Monterey with some friends and we swung by my favorite cupcake place, Sprinkles, on the way back.


It was a beautiful weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race