Back at It!

I am stitch-free and back to running!!

I can't say that I ever thought I'd be quite this excited about running, but I'm pretty happy about it! I had my stitches removed this morning and the doctor said it was healing well enough that I could go back to all my normal activities, including running. Before I'd even left the exam room, I texted Crystal to let her know we were running tonight!

Shirt: Brooks [similar]
Shorts: Brooks [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

Yes, I'm aware I was grinning like an idiot for this picture :) I like to call this my highlighter shirt. I got it for free for participating in a Brooks-sponsored run a few years ago when I was working at USA Track and Field Olympic Trials in Eugene, OR. It's wonderful for this time of year, when it's starting to get dark earlier but it's not quite completely devoid of light. I really need to get more reflective gear since I'll likely be running in the dark before too much longer! I finally broke down and got new running shoes...they're the same exact shoes as my old ones, just one model year newer. It felt kind of strange running in stiff, not-quite-broken-in shoes!

As per usual, nutrition isn't entirely on par. I've been doing a better job of snacking healthily (thank you, Trader Joe's, for having delicious fruit!), but wine and cheese gets the best of me! Oh well. At least I'm running again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race