Last Run for a Bit

Although I didn't particularly want to run tonight, I forced myself out on the road because it's my last run for probably two weeks! I'm having minor surgery tomorrow and, because I'll end up with stitches on my back, my doctor doesn't want me to run for a little while. It's worth it in the long run, but it'll be frustrating for the next two weeks! I'm still going to try to get in some recumbent biking or something.

The first mile or so tonight was rough. My feet hurt and I was a bit sore from yesterday's intense yoga. By the end of the second mile, I was feeling better. By mile three, I felt great! I ended up doing about five miles total. Not bad for a last run before a few weeks off!


Shirt: Brooks [similar]
Pants: Yogasmoga [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

Well, I had my first negative experience with Yogasmoga pants today. These pants were great when I was walking during my warmup, but once I started running, they kept falling down! It could very well be my fault (maybe I should've ordered a different size, although these are the same size as the crops that I always rave about), but I'm not sure. These are my new favorite black leggings for casual wear, though, even if I'm not in love with them while running. This shirt is an oldie but goodie from a Turkey Trot I did a few years ago. It's a unisex shirt, but great for not-quite-warm, not-quite-cold weather like tonight!

Nutrition was decent today. I did have Chipotle for lunch (but opted for no rice!) and a cookie, but everything else was alright. I'll definitely have to step up my nutrition game these next few weeks since I won't have running to help me out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race