Running in the Heartland

Greetings from Indiana!

After a few travel and bachelorette party-filled days, it's back to the grind! I'm working remotely for the next few days before my little sister gets married, so I'm trying to keep to as normal a schedule as possible. Tonight, that included a short (5k) run after work! I'm not sure if it was the traveling or the late nights at bars this weekend or the humidity, but my legs were just not having it.

By the end of mile one, my legs were screaming. They hadn't felt that tight since I started running again! I'll admit that it was quite a bit disheartening, and the words "back at square one" kept echoing through my mind. However, I still managed to finish out in a decent amount of time. I think I had trouble pacing myself. The portion I did run was quite fast (for me), so maybe that was it. Regardless, I've got some work to do before my half marathon!



Shirt: Forever 21 [similar]
Sports bra: Lululemon [exact]
Shorts: Lululemon [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

This outfit was pretty fantastic considering that I'm not used to running in heat or humidity! It fared pretty well despite the fact that I was sweating more than usual. I thought the tank top would come off at some point considering the weather, but I stuck it out. We'll see how the rest of the week goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race