It's That Time Again

So, after nearly a whole span of half marathon training sans injury, it's looking like it may be about injury time for me again. My right shin has been hurting like crazy after the last few runs I've had. My doctor thinks it's another stress fracture (tibia this time instead of metatarsal), but I haven't done any X rays or anything yet. I'll hold off on that until after this weekend's race is over. I attempted to run 5k with Crystal this morning, but had to stop about two miles in because of my leg pain. I guess I'll be taking the rest of the week off in hopes of making a somewhat decent time in the race Sunday!

Shirt: Nike [similar]
Pants: American Eagle [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

I was definitely a bit better prepared for the temperature than I was yesterday! It was a similar morning, mild and humid. I was a little warm by the end of the run, but this shirt is really great at providing some insulation and protection while also wicking sweat well. It's always tricky planning for morning runs (particularly here in San Francisco, when a little bit of breeze makes all the difference between pleasant and frigid!). 

Tomorrow is packet pickup for my half marathon! I'm sure I'll also spend entirely too much money on all their race-branded gear. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race