Mornings, Junk Food and Bellybuttons

Long time, no see! After a little more than a week off (save for a few bike rides), I'm back at it. My X-rays came back and I'm officially stress fracture-free, meaning I'm allowed to run again! I'm still having some issues with my ankle on that same leg after rolling it on a walk last week, but my fingers are crossed that it'll be back to normal soon.

In the meantime, I'm back to my 5k loop with Crystal! We went for a run this morning and both had a great time, hitting one of our fastest times ever. With Daylight Savings Time (DST) in effect now, it was bright and beautiful the whole time!

Shirt: Columbia Sportswear [similar]
Pants: GapFit [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

I busted out the hot pink pants this morning thinking it would be darker than it was (my last morning run was before DST kicked in), but I didn't end up needing the extra visibility. As my DAD (previously, I said Mom...but I was corrected!) always said, though, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. These pants are wonderfully comfortable, anyways!

As far as nutrition goes, I have been doing pretty horribly of late! I have a tendency to let myself go a little crazy after a big race — but, as strenuous as a half marathon is, it doesn't warrant a week of eating unlimited junk food! So, I really have to get back on it. I was at a conference all day today and didn't bring any snacks with me, so that was good! I'm not really sure where I hit on MyFitnessPal since it was all catered (aka no nutrition facts), but I think I did well.

And, to end on a very random note, always keep spare body jewelry on hand if you have any sort of non-ear piercing. Despite the fact that my bellybutton has been pierced for 14 years, my piercing nearly closed up after three days without a ring in! I figured that it would be like ear piercings by this point, meaning I could go weeks without it. But, alas, I was very wrong. It took me a good 20 minutes to get a new ring in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race