Feels Like Winter!

After spending a week in 80-degree weather in Florida, San Francisco feels cold! It took me a few days to finally kick the rest of the flu out of my system, so I laid low and didn't do much in the way of exercising beyond some strolls on the beach. When I got back to SF, it was sunny and beautiful outside, but I was a little hesitant to jump back into running right away because I didn't want to chance getting sick all over again. But, after doing some digging for of my skiing layers, I opted to suck it up and get in a short run.

Side note: I am totally a wimp who wore skiing baselayers to run in 50-degree weather.

I was feeling pretty happy about the run at this point!

I switched up my usual route a bit, going uphill instead of down along the water. It was a little more challenging, but I got the reward of great views at the top! I walked for quite awhile, too, because I forgot to turn around at the halfway point of my Couch to 5k run. Oops.


Shirt: Bjorn Daehlie [similar]
Leggings: H&M [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]
Headband: U.S. Ski Team [similar]

My headband and half zip are both items I received back when I was working with the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association. I absolutely love Bjorn Daehlie's stuff, but, unfortunately, not a ton of places carry it in the USA. Cross country skiing specialty shops are your best bet for finding it! A lot of alpine ski shops will carry a limited selection, too.

Speaking of skiing...I'm hoping to get back on the slopes sometime this month! A few of my friends are looking to get up to Lake Tahoe and one of my best Park City friends, Julia, now lives there. I can't wait to get back on snow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race