February 2015 Birchbox + Rent the Runway

After months of hearing from my sisters about the wonders of Birchbox, I finally caved and bought my own subscription a few months ago. It's cheap (only $10!) and is a great way to learn about some new products without investing in a full size item. As someone creeping up on 30, I was particularly eager to try out some of those anti-aging miracle cures that seem to pop up on the internet with relative regularity. After all, who wants to drop $100 on something without knowing it's going to work first?

One of my favorite things about Birchbox is the anticipation and speculation before each month's box is shipped. I find myself perusing internet forums and eagerly awaiting the announcement of the month's sample choice. Even after my box in my hands, one of the first things I do is text my sisters — what did you guys get?!


This month, Birchbox offered a box that was curated by Rent the Runway. Normally, I don't go for the curated boxes because it kills the element of surprise. However, I was running low on dry shampoo and have yet to fall in love with any particular brand, so I figured this box was a good opportunity to try some new things. Everything else it listed seemed like something I would use, as well.


This box included the aforementioned dry shampoo from Fekkai, a full-size theBalm Read My Lips gloss, Sumita navy blue eyeliner, derma e anti-Wwrinkle scrub and Not Soap, Radio body wash. I've tried the scrub and the gloss so far. The scrub is phenomenal...made my skin incredibly soft! It also appeared to have faded a sun spot on my face a bit. The gloss was a decent shade, but I wasn't in love with the formula. It went on streaky and didn't stay too long for me.

As a bonus, they threw in a $30 Rent the Runway discount. I've never personally used Rent the Runway, but I have a few friends who swear by it. Maybe I'll give it a shot next time I have a wedding to attend! Anyone else try out Rent the Runway? How was it for you?

What did you get in your Birchbox this month?

Comments

  1. I've been thinking of trying Birchbox too! Is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kim — I definitely think it's worth it considering the amount of product you get for $10. My box this month, for example, included a full-size theBalm lip gloss, which retails for $15. The only downside is that you don't actually get much say in what products you receive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race