Good Days and Bad Days

I've been having a lot of good runs lately, which is somewhat unusual for me. In the past, my 3-4 runs each week have usually consisted of 1 good run, 1-2 mediocre ones and 1 bad one. Granted, a "bad runs" vs. "good runs" are all relative. For some people, just getting out and getting moving is a good day.

For me, a good run is when everything clicks. My legs feel light, I'm in a good head space and I wind up feeling almost giddy at the end. On a bad run, it's like nothing lines up properly. Generally, the differentiator for me is about 95% mental.

Yesterday, I had a bad run. On paper, it should've been a great day for running. The weather was incredible. Crystal was meeting up with me, and running with other people helps push me a bit further. I hadn't run since Wednesday, so my legs were (theoretically) rested. But once I started running, my calves felt incredibly tight and my mind just wasn't having it. All I could think of with every step was how my calves felt. I found myself checking my distance after running for all of 3 minutes. I ended up only running a few 3-minute bursts of running and walking the rest of the time. But that's okay...we all have our less than ideal days!



Shirt: Nike [similar]
Pants: C9 [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

Even if it wasn't a great run, I enjoyed this outfit I put together. This shirt is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It's flattering, wicks sweat well and is the perfect fitted-but-not-compressive fit. I also love how these pants fit even though I'm not typically a big fan of the capri running pants that hit at your knee (I favor leggings that are a big longer). If anyone uses Target's Cartwheel app, they're offering an additional 25% off of women's apparel purchases through Monday. I think I may have to go check out some workout clothing!

In lieu of attempting another run today, I'm going to give yoga a short. Maybe it will be the solution for my tight calves! I'm off work on Monday, so I'll give running another shot then. I'm also taking a rock climbing lesson on Monday night! It should be fun. Stay tuned to hear about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race