Accidents, Running & Wine

There are Mondays, and then there are exceptionally Monday-like Mondays. Today was one of those days. I was coming off of a lovely weekend in San Luis Obispo with some family, so it was already tough enough to head back to the office. However, on top of that, I was returning to a day packed full of meetings. Because I have a car, I had offered to drive my coworkers for our various offsite meetings today.

So, I made it to my first meeting of the morning with no hassle. I was in a downright happy mood when I was making my way from the first meeting back to the office...until the last intersection before I was about to park! A taxi unfortunately missed the very clearly marked turn lane signs and nailed my car. Fortunately, I came out of the accident completely unscathed — and that's the important part! However, it didn't exactly put me in the best of moods for the rest of the day.

Whitney ended up coming home with me and, to shake off all of my post-car accident adrenaline, we went for a run.


Shirt: Nike [similar]
Shorts: Lululemon [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

I have to say...going for a run was a great decision! At the end, I just felt totally back to normal and like I'd been able to wash away all of the stress associated with the day. I'm sure the stress will be right back tomorrow as I deal with insurance companies and all that joyful stuff, but for now, I'm feeling nice and relaxed. After our run, Whitney and I had a nice, healthy dinner of chicken and veggie stir fry and cracked open a bottle of my good wine.

All things considered, I felt like the fact that I am not hurt was worth toasting to! I'm super grateful for all my coworkers...everyone was genuinely concerned and wanted to make sure I was okay after everything. Going to the office is so much nicer when you know you're working with people who care about you and your well being. 

Tonight, I'm going to bed grateful for my health, safety and friends! Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race