Bouldering V2s

It's been almost a week since I last went climbing! Fortunately, I had a whole group of friends who wanted to go bouldering tonight. My friend Crystal (who frequently runs with me) decided to give it a shot for the first time, and then my usual climbing buddies Kim, Brent and Jason all joined in, as well. It was so much fun! It's always wonderful spending an evening doing something fun (and active!) with some of your favorite people.



Tank: Under Armour [exact]
Sports bra: GapFit [similar]
Pants: GapFit [similar]
Shoes: Evolv [exact]

Since my monthlong climbing gym trial membership with free rentals expired, I finally had to buy my own climbing gear. I opted for these Evolv climbing shoes, which are nice because they don't require tons of lacing like the rental shoes I had been wearing! I also coordinated the color of the shoes with my new harness (I'll share that next time I go top roping). 

Tonight was my first time seriously tackling V2s. I've been gradually increasing the difficulty level of my bouldering problems since starting to climb, but I felt like this was the first time V1s felt easy for me. Crystal was a natural — she was solving V1s before the end of the evening despite never having climbed before! Hopefully, she'll get hooked on climbing and start joining us more often. 

How has everyone else's week been going? Any fun workouts with friends?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race