Daylight Savings Run Time

Ahh...I love when daylight savings time begins! Sure, the whole losing an hour of sleep thing isn't ideal, but it means it'll still be light outside after work. When I don't have sunlight as an excuse, I typically end up running a lot more since I absolutely hate running on treadmills in gyms. 

Today, I took advantage of some sunny springtime weather and got out for my first solo run in awhile. My calves were definitely a bit on the tight side, but I knocked out a 5k without stopping. Perhaps the delicious food waiting for me at the end was just the reward I needed to get myself moving!


Tank: Lululemon [similar]
Pants: GapFit [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

It got super warm yesterday, so I figured a tank top was a safe bet today. I questioned that choice while I was doing my five-minute warmup walk! It was still a bit foggy and breezy. Fortunately, though, the fog burned off mid-run and this ended up being perfect by mile 2. 

Post-run, I headed to Picnic at the Presidio, an awesome food truck gathering that they host weekly during spring, summer and fall here in San Francisco. I have a group of friends that frequents it, and this was our first outing this year. It was great to recharge after my run with friends and some of the best street food San Francisco has to offer. We hung out in the sunshine for a few hours until the fog came rolling back in...that's life in SF!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race