Friday Favorites (a day late!)


My Friday got away from me, so forgive me for posting these a day late! I thought it was going to be a quiet evening at home, but one of my friends had an out of town guest who we ended up showing around. We tried a new bar and ended the evening with Mexican food...which is always a good night for me :)

1. John Freida Frizz-Ease Dream Curls. When I cut my hair off a few months ago, I knew I wanted to do the whole wavy bob thing. Unfortunately, the product my hairdresser recommended wasn't doing much to bring out the natural wave in my hair. So, on a desperate trip to Target, I picked this up. It's been my go-to for wavy hair since! It's easy to use, smells great and doesn't leave my hair feeling crispy or dry.

2. The Plant Cafe Organic. This is a local chain in San Francisco, and I've recently fallen in love with it. It's a bit on the pricey side for what they offer, but they cater to different diets (tons of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan items on the menu!) and use high quality ingredients. While I'm a fan of their sandwiches and salads, I've also heard their juices are good. I'll have to try them out soon.

3. Empire. My roommate Jason and I have been slowly watching this series on Hulu. I was intrigued by the amazing ratings it seems to pull in week after week and wanted to give it a shot. It's a great blend of drama and comedy, with characters that make you care about what happens to them. I'm about halfway through season 1 right now!

4. Udi's Gluten-Free Bread. I gave up gluten for Lent, so I've been avoiding bread over the last several weeks. However, I got a craving the other day and decided to give this bread a shot. It was delicious and tastes just like any gluten-containing bread you'd find at the grocery store! I highly recommend this one to anyone out there watching their gluten intake!

5. Nike Element Half Zip. I bought one of of these about a year ago at an outlet mall because I liked the color...but once I took it out on my first cold weather run, I was hooked. The fabric is super soft (think Lululemon's Rulu fabric without the fuzzy appearance) but not overly thick, meaning you can use it as a layer in very cold weather or solo when it's just a little chilly. It's perfect for the Bay Area and its cold mornings!

6. Philz Coffee. This is a Bay Area favorite, but I hadn't really tried it until last week. My company just moved offices, and a Philz truck sets up shop nearby. It constantly has a massive line, so I figured I needed to see what all the fuss was about. I tried it one day and immediately understood! The coffee is amazing, their selection of blends is unlike any I've seen at a coffee shop and their baristas are so happy. They'll be expanding outside of California soon, so give it a shot when it comes to your area!

What are your favorite things this week??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race