Friday Favorites (a day late!)
My Friday got away from me, so forgive me for posting these a day late! I thought it was going to be a quiet evening at home, but one of my friends had an out of town guest who we ended up showing around. We tried a new bar and ended the evening with Mexican food...which is always a good night for me :)
1. John Freida Frizz-Ease Dream Curls. When I cut my hair off a few months ago, I knew I wanted to do the whole wavy bob thing. Unfortunately, the product my hairdresser recommended wasn't doing much to bring out the natural wave in my hair. So, on a desperate trip to Target, I picked this up. It's been my go-to for wavy hair since! It's easy to use, smells great and doesn't leave my hair feeling crispy or dry.
2. The Plant Cafe Organic. This is a local chain in San Francisco, and I've recently fallen in love with it. It's a bit on the pricey side for what they offer, but they cater to different diets (tons of gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan items on the menu!) and use high quality ingredients. While I'm a fan of their sandwiches and salads, I've also heard their juices are good. I'll have to try them out soon.
3. Empire. My roommate Jason and I have been slowly watching this series on Hulu. I was intrigued by the amazing ratings it seems to pull in week after week and wanted to give it a shot. It's a great blend of drama and comedy, with characters that make you care about what happens to them. I'm about halfway through season 1 right now!
4. Udi's Gluten-Free Bread. I gave up gluten for Lent, so I've been avoiding bread over the last several weeks. However, I got a craving the other day and decided to give this bread a shot. It was delicious and tastes just like any gluten-containing bread you'd find at the grocery store! I highly recommend this one to anyone out there watching their gluten intake!
5. Nike Element Half Zip. I bought one of of these about a year ago at an outlet mall because I liked the color...but once I took it out on my first cold weather run, I was hooked. The fabric is super soft (think Lululemon's Rulu fabric without the fuzzy appearance) but not overly thick, meaning you can use it as a layer in very cold weather or solo when it's just a little chilly. It's perfect for the Bay Area and its cold mornings!
6. Philz Coffee. This is a Bay Area favorite, but I hadn't really tried it until last week. My company just moved offices, and a Philz truck sets up shop nearby. It constantly has a massive line, so I figured I needed to see what all the fuss was about. I tried it one day and immediately understood! The coffee is amazing, their selection of blends is unlike any I've seen at a coffee shop and their baristas are so happy. They'll be expanding outside of California soon, so give it a shot when it comes to your area!
What are your favorite things this week??