Long, Hot Yoga

Mondays are always long, but I decided to wind down my day with some yoga. My climbing gym also happens to have yoga classes, but I hadn't attended any since joining. So, along with my friends Brent and Jason, I went to a very long, very hot foundations of yoga class. I also squeezed in a tiny bit of bouldering after mixing up the class's start time :)

It was unlike any yoga class I've ever taken! Most of the classes I've taken in the past have been vinyasa flow, but this class really focused on basics and form. It was really refreshing. I can see how useful it would be for beginner yogis — I wish I had a class like this when I was first starting yoga! I'll probably attend from time to time in the future, but I think vinyasa flow is a better fit for where I'm at right now.

Jacket: Lululemon [similar]
Pants: Yogasmoga [exact]
Yoga Mat: Gaiam [exact]

My roommate James was kind enough to snap this photo for me post-yoga. Not my finest look (holy primary colors!), but hey...I'd just gotten done with two hours of intense contortions in a hot room. I did have a tank top on underneath, which proved very useful. I've never purposely done hot yoga before and wasn't anticipating it this time (the schedule didn't mention the "hot" part), so I was thanking my lucky stars that I'd opted for layers! These pants are great for yoga, but they definitely show a lot of sweat...so think twice before wearing them to a hot class.

Is everyone else's Monday off to a good start?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books