Long Run on a Hot Day

I love Saturdays! This morning was exactly like I love my Saturday mornings to be. I had some cinnamon rolls leftover from some baking Whitney and I did the other day (I'll share the recipe soon!), so I had those and a fresh cup of coffee for a leisurely breakfast. After catching up on my Thursday evening TV shows (Grey's Anatomy and Scandal), it was time for a run. I opted to start slowly in hopes that I would save up some energy and go a bit further than I usually do.

I ended up pacing myself quite well! I went a little over 5 miles, and each mile's pace was within a few seconds of each other. The amazing weather today definitely helped keep me going!


Tank: Nike [similar]
Pants: C9 [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

After wishing I'd worn a tank top on a few warm weekends, I finally actually did it. Thank goodness I did! There isn't much shade on my usual weekend route, and today, there wasn't much of a breeze, either. That added up to quite the warm run. I was all red and sweaty by the end!

Tomorrow, Crystal and I are running the Golden Gate Bridge...I haven't run it in awhile, so I'm looking forward to it!

How is everyone else's weekend going?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books