March 2015 Birchbox

It's the middle of the month, which means it time for my Birchbox to arrive! Unlike last month, I was completely in the dark as to what might be coming in March's box. I wasn't a huge fan of any of the sample choice options and wasn't blown away by the curated box they offered, so it was truly a surprise. 


Every month of Birchbox has a theme. This month's was "Creativity." While that was certainly clear from the packaging (it was beautiful!), I wasn't feeling much in terms of creativity from the box's contents.


In this month's box...
amika Bombshell Blowout Spray
Cover FX BB Gel Mattifying Anti-Blemish Treatment
Harvey Prince Sincerely Perfume
Mirenesse Flossy Kiss - Cheeky Kiss Lip Crayon
Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo and Reconstructing Masque

This is definitely not my favorite Birchbox. My two least favorite items to receive are hair products and perfume...and those comprised 60% of my box! I do like the way Harvey Prince products smell typically, though, so I may wear this a few times. I've heard good things online about the blowout spray, but I don't typically like using much product in my hair. It walks a fine line between normal and oily, so it seems that virtually any product makes it cross over into oily territory. I'm totally thrown off by the anti-blemish treatment...I have normal skin and don't have acne/blemishes listed as a concern in my Birchbox profile, so this one is unlikely to get much use. The lip crayon looks like a good color, though, so I'm excited about that.

Oh, well...crossing my fingers for a better April Birchbox! It is my birthday month, after all :)

How was March for everyone else? What products did you get in your Birchbox?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race