Working From Home + Running

This week, my company is moving offices. Because of that, all of us had to work from home for two days. My friend Whitney and I took advantage of the fact that we didn't have to commute and went running together right after work ended for the day. The combination of an earlier start and daylight savings time meant we were able to get some sunshine but still enjoy a full run. It was great!


Shirt: Nike [similar]
Pants: Under Armour [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Free [similar]

I realize that most runners don't exactly make the most attractive of faces while running, but mine are in rare form today! I'm going to blame it on the fact that this particular run was much faster than my usual ones, and these photos were taken at the end when I was dying from it. 

One of my favorite things about running with other people is the fact that they can push you a bit further. Today, for example, Whitney was running significantly faster than me at the beginning of the run, which meant I had to work a bit harder than usual (particularly on a tough hill). I tend to hit my stride closer to mile 2 or 3, though, so our roles were reversed at the end. I was leading the way. With that back and forth, we were able to knock out the 4-mile loop much faster than I typically do it!

So, even though I definitely treasure my solo runs, it's always good to mix things up. Do you guys prefer running solo or with others?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race