A Little Bit of Bouldering, A Little Bit of Belaying

After nearly three weeks without climbing, I finally got back to the gym today and did some bouldering and belaying. Even though my flight got in very late last night and I had an early morning at the office (meaning I was a little sleep deprived today), I was dead set on making it to the gym tonight. So, I recruited my roommate Jason as a belaying partner and off we went!


Tank: Lululemon [similar]
Pants: Aerie [similar]
Shoes: Evolv [exact]

I got sore super quickly today! It was very evident that it had been awhile since I went climbing...I need to build my calluses on my hands back up, for sure. My original outfit plans were derailed by the discovery that something had leaked into my suitcase (it was raining when I landed, so I'm guessing that was the culprit), so all my workout clothes from my trip went straight into the washer (even though they had just been cleaned). I don't believe I've ever worn this tank top climbing before (it's one of my favorites for running in hot weather, though). It worked fine for climbing, but I definitely had to adjust pretty frequently. I'll probably leave it for running use in the future! 

For the rest of the week, I'll probably be taking it somewhat easy because I have my first running race of the season on Sunday (when I say that, it makes me sound like a much better runner than I actually am). I'm planning on running tomorrow, climbing or doing something else fun and active on Thursday and the rest of the week is up in the air! 

What's your week looking like? Hope it's off to a good start!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race