April 2015 Birchbox

This month, I had a few issues with my Birchbox, so this post is going up a bit later than usual. After last month's less than stellar box, I was hoping for a good one this time around. I was pretty pumped about the sample choices they had available (they were all pretty great makeup products), but when I went to request one, they had already sold out of all of them. So, it was a total surprise box for me this month!


I only wish it had been a better surprise! I had one item that was a duplicate (shaving lotion) from a previous box, so I contacted Birchbox about that since you aren't supposed to get products you've tried before. They wrote back that, because it was a different scent, it didn't count as a duplicate. I feel like that line is a bit troublesome — with that logic, couldn't they theoretically give you the same products every month as long as they're different colors or scents? Fortunately, though, I pushed back a bit more and they gave me 50 Birchbox points ($5 to spend on their online store) in response.


In this month's box...
Temple Spa Peace Be Still Calming Face & Body Balm
Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Whish Shave Crave Shaving Lotion
Cynthia Rowley Beauty Brightening Illuminator
Beauty Protector Protect & Oil

The only thing that gets me excited at all in this box is the eye cream...and even with that, I'm not exactly jumping up and down with joy over it. The Temple Spa lotion does smell just like a spa, which is kind of cool. I am curious to try it out and see if it really is calming. I've heard good things about the Cynthia Rowley illuminator online, but I'm not generally a big fan of highlighters or illuminators. My skin's already pretty pale, so it just makes it look shiny (and not in a good way)! Oh well...time to cross my fingers again for next month!

What did you get in your Birchbox this month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race