Fast Miles and Sunshine

Happy Saturday! After enjoying an açaí bowl (recipe coming on Monday!) and a coffee this morning, I met up with Whitney for a sunny run that resulted in one of our fastest miles ever.

I was a bit concerned that it would be a slow run since, as I mentioned the other day, I haven't been sleeping well while dog/house sitting. Typically, when I'm running low on sleep, it takes me a ridiculously long amount of time to recover. This week was no exception — I've been more sore from my Wednesday run than I was after my 10k!

But, fortunately, Whitney and I scheduled a run, so I couldn't use my sore legs as an excuse :) Once I got warmed up, I felt great! We were just over 10 minutes on our third mile which, considering that I was running 12 minute miles just a few weeks ago, made me feel pretty accomplished. We've been averaging around 10:30/mile on our runs, and it's really the first time I've ever seen a clear improvement in my speed. It's very fulfilling seeing such a change looking back through my MapMyRun workouts!


Shirt: Nike [similar]
Pants: Calvin Klein Performance [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

I was a little overdressed for today's run. It was pretty cold here (by San Francisco standards) this morning, so I was expecting a very chilly run! I'm not sure if it had warmed up or if it was the fact that I was running faster than usual, but I was sweating within minutes of starting to run. Like last time, my newish Calvin Klein pants were incredible. They seriously don't move at all, even though they're lower cut in the waist than most of my workout pants. I can't wait to go back to the store and check out more styles of them!

How's everyone else's weekend going?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race

Half Marathon #4 in the Books