Kicking Off the Weekend with a Run + Tone It Up Bikini Series

Ahh Saturday...my favorite day of the week! I love few things more than my Saturday morning routine — sleeping in, making eggs and bacon (and coffee!) for breakfast, maybe catching up on a TV show or two, then going for a run. This morning, Whitney came over and joined me for the running portion of the morning. We did a pretty fast-paced 5k (one of the quickest paces we've ever set on our runs) on our usual loop. Afterwards, we hit up Trader Joe's to stock up on our groceries for the week.


Shirt: GapFit [exact]
Pants: Calvin Klein Performance [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

These pants are amazing! As I mentioned yesterday, I stumbled upon a Calvin Klein Performance store and, since they were having a 50% off sale on athletic pants, I figured I'd give them a shot. It was so worth it! Despite being a bit lower cut on the waist than many of my other workout pants, they didn't budge at all. The material was thick but breathable without any hint of sheerness. They were only around $25 and, even when not on sale, run around $50, making them cheaper than comparable pants from Lululemon or Yogasmoga (and around the same price point as my beloved Under Armour Fly-By Compression Capris).

Post-run, I had a banana with some peanut butter to refuel. I am currently doing the Tone It Up Bikini Series with Whitney (if you follow me on Twitter, you've probably seen some of my tweets about it). Although I'm focusing more on the food parts than the activity parts (I'm a pretty active person already!), it's been great so far. There's a lot of flexibility and you always feel full! We'll see if I last all eight weeks...but so far, so good.

What are you all up to this Saturday morning?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race