Protein-Packed Berry Lime Açaí Bowl

I've been on a big açaí kick lately! I discovered a place that makes açaí bowls down by my work and, after a week of paying $8 a bowl, I decided to learn how to make my own. It took a couple of grocery store trips to finally find a store that carried açaí packs (thanks, Whole Foods!), but once those were secured, everything else was relatively easy.

I used Trader Joe's hemp protein powder to add a bit more protein to the mix. If you're not a fan of protein powder, you can easily skip out on it.


Protein-Packed Berry Lime Açaí Bowl
1 açaí smoothie pack
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
Juice from 1 lime
2 T. coconut water
1/4 cup hemp protein powder
Granola 

Place all ingredients (except granola) into a blender. Blend on high, stopping to stir from time to time. Once well blended, pour into a bowl and top with as much granola as desired.



If it's a little too thick for your taste, you can always add more coconut water until it's at your desired consistency. I prefer mine pretty thick, so I don't add a whole lot.

All in all, it's a delicious, refreshing way to kick off your day with plenty of fruits and antioxidants! It's also very easy to experiment with and make up your own variations. The lime, for example, was just something I had on hand and decided to throw in...it ended up being a very happy addition. So, have fun and make your own perfect açaí bowl. This is a great jumping off point.

What other new recipes have you tried lately?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books