Running Club + My Birthday!

After a few weeks without making it, I finally ran with my office running club today! There were three of us who stuck together (for the most part...we fanned out a bit towards the second half of the run) for the 3-4 mile run along the Embarcadero. It's a nice, flat route, so perfect for pushing yourself a little bit.

Despite not being in the best shape today (I celebrated my birthday with an incredible dinner and wonderful friends last night...and, of course, good wine!), I managed to run a sub-10 minute mile! I didn't feel like I was running particularly fast, so that was a very pleasant surprise when I checked out my post-run stats.


Tank: Lululemon [similar]
Jacket: Asics [similar]
Leggings: Under Armour [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

I was actually prepared for a windy run today, but because it happened to be both warm and windy, I ended up shedding my jacket pretty quickly. Normally, I'm resistant to taking layers off because I hate the feeling of having something tied around my waist. This jacket is so light, though, that I had to keep checking to make sure it was actually there! These leggings also fall under colder weather clothing, but I wore them specifically today so they could do double duty (paired with a long, dressier shirt and boots, they are great for the office!). They worked just fine on the run, but I definitely wouldn't have minded some crops!

What are your go-to pieces for layering? Any favorite light layers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race