Sneaking in a Windy Run

It's been a BUSY week! Despite what I said the other day about having plans to go to running club and climbing this week, none of those ended up happening. So, when I was able to get out of work close to the normal time tonight, I made sure that the first thing I did when I got home was throw on my running shoes! Whitney joined me and, since we were both tired after a long week and I have a 10k race this weekend, we did a short little loop.

It was definitely far from ideal conditions for running tonight (well, at least by our Bay Area standards). When we got down by the water, we actually ended up turning around (despite the beautiful sunset) because the wind was so strong!


Shirt: Nike [similar]
Pants: C9 [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]

This outfit is not the best for a windy run! Neither the pants nor the shirt do much to block wind. I should've busted out my Asics jacket...but alas, I didn't think of that until I was already well on my way. When I was out of the wind, everything worked great, though. This is quickly becoming one of my go-to outfits for running!

I'm off to Santa Cruz this weekend for my first-ever 10k race! I've done 5ks and half marathons before, but I somehow always managed to skip everything in between. My friend Arianne is joining (and I'm pretty sure it's her first 10k, too!). Stay tuned for a race report!

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race