We Run Indianapolis

I'm visiting family in Indianapolis for Easter, so today I hit the streets for a run with my sister. She hadn't been running much lately, but she stuck with my pace for the whole run! I was very proud of her. She just moved to a new neighborhood that's pretty running friendly, so I'm sure she'll be running laps around me very soon.

It was definitely a bit cold for my taste (but us Californians aren't exactly accustomed to much in terms of temperature fluctuation), but the sunshine made up for it. Once we got going at a decent pace, it felt much better outside :) We ended up hitting a little bit over four miles by the end of our run.



Top: Nike [similar]
Pants: Under Armour [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

It's been awhile since I ran in less than pretty much perfect temperatures, so I had to bust out some of my trusty layers. As always, this half zip did a great job of keeping me warm while wicking away sweat. I really liked how this outfit looked, too! Considering that I was a bit limited in my workout options since I was living out of a suitcase, I was pretty happy to be able to put together something that looked pretty cohesive!

After my run, my sister and I came back to my parents' house and launched into a cooking frenzy (recipes will be coming your way soon!). But before that happened, I cuddled with my parents' dog Lola for a bit.


Lola is a puggle and one of most loving dogs I've ever met! She was very happy to curl up next to me for awhile while I caught my breath post-run. She's one of my favorite things about coming home :) 

Is anyone else traveling anytime soon? How do you guys squeeze in your workouts on the road?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race