A Long Run on a Windy Saturday

Today was one of those running days where everything clicked. It was a pretty cold, foggy, blustery morning here, so I wasn't particularly anxious to get going. In fact, I kept finding excuses to put off my run. First, I went grocery shopping with a friend. Next, I started doing laundry. It wasn't until the Internet cut out at my house that I finally managed to drag myself out the door.

I normally start my runs with five minutes of walking, just to make sure everything is somewhat warmed up. Today, I was anxious to start running because of the wind...I knew I wasn't going to be warm until I started pushing myself! So, once I hit that five minute mark, I cranked up my music and off I went. The original plan was just to run my usual 5k loop. However, once I was nearing that point, I took a mental inventory of how I was feeling and decided to keep going.


Despite continuing to feel pretty phenomenal the entire run, I did end up stopping myself when I hit 5.5 miles. Since I haven't been doing many long runs lately, I didn't want to push myself too far and end up getting hurt. I did throw in a few hills at the end, though, so that I could up the difficulty factor :)

I did a lot of stretching when I got home, too, because I have plans for a run and barre class tomorrow (with Crystal) already!


Shirt: Nike [similar]
Pants: GapFit [similar]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

As I mentioned earlier, the weather wasn't exactly perfect when I left my house for my run. I was already wearing this shirt (it's one of my favorites!), so I just kept it on for the run. It was great for the first 2-3 miles, but when I changed directions and had the wind at my back, I got pretty warm. So, I ended up tying it around my waist and running most of my run in just a sports bra (not something I typically do...but, hey, I was running farther than usual!). 

Hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race