Running & Painful Progress


Happy Tuesday! My company is moving to a new office tomorrow, so everyone worked from home the last two days. I was getting a bit stir crazy, so Whitney and I scheduled a post-work run so we could both get out of our houses. She's headed off on vacation now, so it was our last run together in awhile.

Speed-wise, it was a great one! We had two sub-10 minute miles. I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've accomplished that in years. I honestly can't remember the last time I did that! It was definitely a painful run, though. I had a side stitch for the first half of it and had to focus quite intensely on my breathing to work through it. It's so worth it when I see the progress over time on MapMyRun, though!




Half zip: C9 [similar]
Pants: Under Armour [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

It was a cold and windy one tonight! I usually find this half zip to be a little bit on the warmer side, which ended up being perfect for today. It's also a little tighter than most of my half zips (I've had it for a few years!), which makes it great when I'm not interested in layering. Another fun fact for you...the fact that I pretty much always run in sunglasses isn't because it's overwhelmingly sunny here in San Francisco (although it has been pretty nice lately!) — it's because of wind! If I don't wear something to protect my eyes from the wind, my eyes water constantly and I look like I just got done sobbing by the end of the run. My trusty Oakleys do a wonderful job of preventing that :)

How is your running going? Any big progress lately?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race