Birchbox + Gap Party in San Francisco

Last week, I had the opportunity to attend one of Birchbox's events celebrating their partnership with select Gap stores. They held these at a few different locations around the USA, but the concept was the same in each: build your own Birchbox bars, champagne, hors d'oeuvres and a chance to try out all kinds of Birchbox favorite products. I dragged my friend (and frequent running buddy) Whitney along with me to the event at Gap's flagship San Francisco store.

Our first stop for the evening was the build your own Birchbox bar. Whitney is not a Birchbox subscriber, so it was all new for her. As someone who has subscribed to Birchbox for almost a year, it was pretty exciting nonetheless. They had a lot of fan favorite products available for people to select, including my all-time favorite Birchbox product, Klorane dry shampoo.


As I've expressed before, fragrances are among my least favorite Birchbox inclusions. So, when I found out that you had to select a fragrance to include in your build your own Birchbox, I wasn't very pleased. They did have some fragrances that people seem to love — Harvey Prince Hello, Clean and one of Tocca's offerings — but none of them were particularly appealing to me. I opted for Clean simply because I hadn't received it in one of my boxes before. For the other items, I went with Klorane dry shampoo (I can't get enough!), Supergoop! sunscreen, Laura Geller blush and Juice Beauty cleansing gel.


After escaping from the chaos that was the box building line, we set out in search of champagne. Unfortunately, they seemed to have underestimated the amount of people who would be attending (which I found odd since you were supposed to get tickets for the event online!), the champagne and hors d'oeuvres were in short supply! It took a good 20-30 minutes of waiting before we nabbed a glass of champagne. Still, we enjoyed browsing the store, chatting with other attendees and making friends with other bloggers.

We didn't end up sticking around too terribly long since the event was pretty crowded and not particularly well staffed. Still, it was a fun time and I thoroughly enjoyed putting together my own Birchbox! 

Cheers to a fun evening!


Comments

  1. This place has the most perfect environment for whatever fun activity you are looking for. If you want a low key and more intimate atmosphere, come and hang out here. If you want the party scene, weekends at DC venues are where it's at!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books