Get Out and Play — It's a Sunshine Day!

If you've ever contemplated moving to San Francisco or spent a summer in the Bay Area, you've likely heard dozens of jokes about San Francisco summer (along with half a dozen misquoted versions of this quote). Generally speaking, it isn't much of a summer. It's cold, windy and foggy. Even the sunny days are cut short by fog blowing in before you've had a chance to get away from the office.

But, every so often, the weather gives us a break and we have a teeny glimpse of real summer. This weekend, we got two of those! On Saturday, it was hot and sunny, and so many people came out of the woodwork! I threw on my running shoes to take advantage of the weather, and the entire path was filled with people. I even ran by people laying out in bathing suits, and that's certainly not a typical sighting in July in San Francisco!


Tank: Lululemon [similar]
Pants: Under Armour [exact]
Shoes: Newton Running [exact]
Sunglasses: Oakley [exact]

This weekend was the rare occasion that I was actually hot in a tank top. As a former Southern California resident who desperately misses the heat, it was amazing! This was the longest of my post-injury runs so far...I made it through my entire 5k loop without any knee pain! I was pretty pumped, especially considering that I didn't feel terribly out of shape or winded at any point in the run. It's nice to know that I didn't lose all of the work I'd been putting into my fitness!

How did you spend your weekend??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race