August 2015 Birchbox

It was a late month for my Birchbox! I just got mine in the mail a few days ago, which threw me off. Last month, it got here pretty early. This month, I received my shipping notification pretty early but then it didn't show up for about two weeks afterwards. I had participated in the sample choice this month, opting for the dry shampoo. Dry shampoo is always one of my favorites!



I was a fan of the artwork on this month's box! It was a bit more literal than previous months (which seem to typically be more abstract art or patterns), but fun nonetheless. It certainly felt very summery! The contents were also very nice and in keeping with the summer theme.

Although I was excited about the warm weather favorite contents of the box, it confused me a bit. Why would they send their summer favorites in August? Yes, it's still summer, but it doesn't really give you the opportunity to use them while the weather is still good and hot! This would've made a lot more sense in June or July.

In this month's box...
Air Repair Complexion Boosting Moisturizer
COOLA Organic Makeup Setting Spray
R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo
St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower
theBalm Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush

While I was pretty pumped about the dry shampoo and moisturizer in this month's box, but overall, it was a dud for me. I'm not a fake tanner (I get all the color I need running outside!), so the St. Tropez stuff does not appeal to me at all. When I wear makeup, I use an HD powder to set my look, so I also don't need a setting spray. The bronzer, however, could be nice...although I didn't ever use up the last bronzer I got in my Birchbox!

In other makeup and skincare news...I got a lovely bag of samples with my last Sephora purchase! It was a pretty impressive haul...check it out!


Looking forward to giving it all a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race