My 5 Favorite Work Out Clothing Finds Under $40

As you have probably noticed by now, I really like workout clothes (I'm writing this post in yoga pants and an athletic T-shirt). And, over the last several years, athletic clothing has really taken off in popularity! Every major retail outlet seems to have their own workout line, and the Lululemons and Athletas of the world have become as ubiquitous in the gym as they are at brunch. However, those items seem to come with increasingly ridiculous price tags — $90+ for sheer yoga pants?! Seriously?!

When you shop for workout clothing as often as I do, though, you come across some amazing steals. So, without further ado, here are 5 of my favorite work out clothing finds...all for under $40!


1. Calvin Klein Performance Crop (On sale for $20)
I'm pretty sure I rave about these absolutely every time I wear them. They're a great multipurpose athletic crop. I've worn them climbing, running, to barre class and even to work. They're opaque and comfortable, but don't move while you're wearing them. In short, they're everything you want in workout pants! Although their regular price is a little up there ($50), they're almost always on sale in store and are frequently on sale online. I paid less than $35 for each pair I own!

2. Nike Pro Classic Sports Bra (Nike price: $35; Nordstrom Rack price: $22)
Historically, I've been a skeptic when it comes to Nike gear. Yes, a lot of their clothing is cute. Yes, it does a good job of wicking away sweat. But I just never felt it was that good for the price...until I discovered this sports bra. It's a fantastic medium support sports bra — I swear by them when I'm running! Size down, though, because they seem to work better when they're a little on the tight side. You can pretty much always find them at Nordstrom Rack in several colors.

3. C9 by Target Athletic Socks ($10)
I've seen a lot of runners talk about the importance of socks, preaching about spending all kinds of money on fancy brands. However, I've found that my preferred socks are right down the street at Target! These have a good amount of cushioning but are still thin enough that sweat and heat don't stay in. I can't recommend them enough.

4. Under Armour Fly By Compression Capri (Select colors: $37)
These are another pair of pants that I've shared no shortage of praise for over the past several months. In fact, you could go as far as to say they are my go-to running pants. Like the Calvin Klein ones above, they do not budge on a run. They are compressive, opaque and comfortable — everything you want at a race or on a long run. You can typically find multiple colors on sale online, and you can also frequently find deals on them at Under Armour Outlet stores.

5. Forever 21 Racerback Tank ($11)
I don't wear tank tops while running often (San Francisco weather just doesn't usually call for it), but I swear by racerback tanks while rock climbing. While I'm not a huge fan of their form-fitting tanks, I love the ones like this that are a little looser. They're cute, cheap and give you room to move. They're also supremely flattering on all kinds of figures!

So there you have it...my favorites on a budget! What are your go-to pieces when putting together a work out wardrobe on a budget?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race