Outside Lands + Barre = A Painful Combination

This weekend, I was pleasantly surprised when a friend offered me a free ticket to Outside Lands! For those of you who haven't heard about it, it's a music festival held in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. On Saturday, the lineup included Billy Idol, Kendrick Lamar, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, The Black Keys and more. I've been dying to see the Black Keys live for years, so I was happy to finally check that one off of my bucket list!

The festival itself has a very distinctly San Francisco feel to it outside of the music, too, with nice touches like Winelands (Napa and Sonoma wineries all under one roof so concert-goers can wine taste between sets), Cheeselands (local cheese plates) and an impressive array of local food trucks.


Well, I spent a little too much time at Winelands (my brother and sister-in-law on the other side of the country had a baby that evening, so I was celebrating!), so when my alarm went off the next morning for a 9:45am barre class that I had signed up for, I was not super thrilled.

However, I'd already committed to it and my friend Crystal was teaching, so I dragged myself out of bed, downed several cups of water and a mug of coffee and headed out.

Let's just say it wasn't my most impressive barre class performance.

tank [similar] - sports bra [exact] - pants [exact] - flip flops [similar] - sunglasses [exact]

Sometimes, when I've overindulged a bit the night before, a workout is exactly the cure for whatever ails me. On this particular day, it was absolutely not! After struggling through the workout and enjoying brunch after, my head decided it just was not having it and I spent much of the rest of the day nursing a headache. I did, however, manage to get a lot of cleaning and laundry done around the house in the process :)

Coming up later this week...more boot camp and the triumphant return of my work running club! Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race

Half Marathon #4 in the Books