Running Club and Volunteer Time

And we're back!

After a few months of our members nursing injuries and exploring other workout alternatives, my work running club is back in action. Several of us decided to sign up for the Run 10 Feed 10 race in October, so we figured that probably meant we should be running to prepare for it. So, we put the word out and got a decent little group of people together for our first outing.


I haven't run in awhile due to my knee, so I opted to take it pretty slow. Instead of focusing on speed, I focused on how I was pacing myself. When I first started running, I had a really, really difficult time trying to run at a consistent pace. I'd always start too quickly then find myself completely exhausted by the halfway point, eventually stopping to walk. However, I've gotten better over the last few months in particular. During this run, all three of my mile splits were within a few seconds of each other!

shirt [similar] - pants [exact] - shoes [exact] - sunglasses [exact]

In non-workout related news, I've been trying to get a lot more involved in my local community lately. I've always enjoyed volunteering, but most of the things I'd done in the past had been one-off, event-based opportunities. Now, I'm trying to find more long-term things to get involved with. I've been volunteering with the Super Bowl 50 Host Committee since June and have met some great people there. It's been such a positive experience that I am now looking into becoming an ER volunteer at a local hospital, too!

Do any of you volunteer? What's been the most rewarding volunteer experience you've had thus far?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon

Half Marathon #4 in the Books