Sunday, August 16, 2015

Swift on a Saturday

I hope you all had a magical weekend...because I know I did!

I kicked off my Saturday by sleeping in for the first time in weeks. After enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee and a few handfuls of cereal (High Fiber O's from Trader Joe's...my go-to for quick breakfasts!), I decided to head out on a run. One of my friends talked me into signing up for a half marathon the other day, so I figured that there was no time like the present to get back into running shape!


tank [similar] - sports bra [similar] - pants [exact] - shoes [exact] - sunglasses [exact]

It was a very hot weekend here in the Bay Area. We aren't used to very much in terms of temperature fluctuations, so I was caught a bit off guard when the breeze was blowing in hot! Since the winds were coming from inland (instead of the Pacific Ocean, like usual), it was bringing in very hot air, as well as a lot of smoke from wildfires. All weekend, the faint scent of smoke lingered, as did haze. My thoughts are with everyone being impacted by the fires...hopefully, they'll be contained soon.


After recovering from my very hot 5k (confession: I did take a short walking break mid-run...I just cannot handle the heat!), it was time to get ready for the next big event of the weekend: seeing Taylor Swift!

My friend Sam and I bought tickets back in November, so we've had quite a lot of time to anticipate this concert! I dressed up in full 80's gear for the evening (since it is the 1989 World Tour) and both of us busted out our red lipstick (we've got that "red lip classic thing that you like..."). Overall, it was a fantastic evening! Taylor sounded phenomenal, Little Mix performed "Black Magic" with her (one of my favorite workout songs at the moment) and we had a blast dancing and singing until we were both sore and hoarse.


Cheers to a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC