The Struggle is Real

Oh man. Getting back to boot camps, climbing and other workouts is obviously good for me...but my body is so sore! Last week, I went to a boot camp workout after work one evening and, during the workout itself, I didn't feel like it was that too terribly challenging. However, by the next day, I was feeling every muscle in my legs, particularly when walking down stairs (and to overshare a bit here, the process of sitting down to go to the bathroom was also challenging). The next day, it hit my abs (my obliques, to be exact). But, alas, I can't shirk off several days of workouts just because of that!

Smiling because the soreness hadn't set in yet...
tank [similar] - sports bra [similar] - pants [exact] - shoes [similar]

Fortunately, I had already made plans to meet up with a friend to do some climbing two days after my boot camp workout. So, although my muscles were screaming at me to spend the evening in bed, I grabbed my chalk bag and climbing shoes and hit the gym. 

It's always fun introducing people to climbing. For a lot of my friends who have gone with me, it's something they haven't tried in years — or sometimes ever! People have very different reactions to it, too. Some people are instantly hooked, while others just aren't comfortable with the heights or perceive it to be more dangerous than it is. I've also found that some my friends aren't into workouts that lack structure...which is actually one of my favorite things about climbing (and a reason why I don't go to workout classes very often...I hate being told what to do!).

tank [similar] - pants [exact] - shoes [exact]

I'm still rebuilding my confidence post-fall, so I was more than happy to do an array of V0s and V1s with my friend! They had just reset a lot of the walls, too, so there were new problems for me to solve. After our workout, we headed back to my house for a low-key girls night with a bottle of nice wine.

I have a feeling that a few more painful boot camp classes are in my future...but hopefully, I'll be back in fighting shape very quickly :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Bay to Breakers: A Quintessentially San Francisco Race

Half Marathon #4 in the Books