Monday, September 7, 2015

Working Hard on Labor Day Weekend

While most of my friends were heading out of town this weekend for Labor Day, I opted to stay home. San Francisco's weather has been hot and sunny, and I wanted to enjoy the city while so many people were out of town! 

I had another motive, too, though. I haven't been running a ton lately (usually just 1-2 times a week), but I registered for a half marathon in November. So, I wanted to take advantage of a long weekend to sneak in two quality runs to get back to work on my running base. I did just that! 

t-shirt [similar] - pants [similar] - shoes [exact] - sunglasses [exact]

My first run of the weekend was 4.5 miles on Saturday. I hadn't run that far in awhile, and although I thought the weather seemed perfect for running before I headed out, I was definitely thinking differently mid-run. It was hot and sunny (my usual route has little shade, too!) and I made the unfortunate mistake of wearing head-to-toe black!



Despite my less than stellar color choices in clothing, everything went pretty well on the run itself. I was definitely feeling the pain there towards the end, but it wasn't enough for me to head straight home! Instead, I indulged in some post-cardio shopping (and snagged a Free People jacket on sale from one of my favorite local boutiques...looks like it's on HauteLook, too!). 

Later in the evening, I indulged yet again with a trip to one of my new favorite restaurants in San Francisco, Sessions at the Presidio. I had some friends visiting from out of town, so I took them there for an evening of locally sourced food and incredible cocktails. It was a lovely way to end the day!

How was your holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC