Half Marathon #4 in the Books

Today, I finished my fourth half marathon! And, despite some setbacks in training, I set a new personal record of 2:29.36! I'll be writing up a race report before long, but for now, here's a photo of me and my friend Laura who talked me into signing up for it.


A little retrospective on my history with half marathons...last year, I finished the Nike Women's Half Marathon here in San Francisco. I ran it the day after a friend's wedding so, despite the fact that I was on my best behavior at the wedding and reception, I still didn't have quite the finish I was hoping for. I don't recall my exact time (and can't seem to pinpoint it anywhere on the internet), but I believe it was around 2:40. EDIT: Found the time! 2:53.01...now I know why I didn't post it online anywhere haha


In 2013, I ran a half marathon in Utah with my dad. It was pretty much all downhill, which was incredible. I also had really been kicking ass in training (and the fact that I lived at a higher elevation than the race was pretty idea). However, it wasn't the most well marked course in the world and I ended up going off course right near the end (despite being on pace for a sub-2:30 finish). I crossed the finish line in 2:32.40. All in all, a good race!


And, last but certainly not least, my first half marathon in St. George, Utah. My roommate at the time Debbie convinced me to sign up and make a weekend of it. It was freezing! I couldn't feel my feet for the first two miles of the race! I didn't really train for this particular race, but, again, I had elevation on my side (I was also younger...it's amazing what a few years do to your recovery time!!). I ended up finishing in 2:33.40.


So, cheers to half marathon #4 and finally getting over that 2:30 time...time to set a new goal and find another race to sign up for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The San Francisco 1st Half Marathon

Berkeley Half Marathon